Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween!

It’s almost Halloween!

I haven’t been a big fan of Halloween for quite some time now.  After I became a bit too old for trick or treating, the whole thing sort of lost its thrill.  I’m not really a fan of dressing up in costumes either; costumes were never more than a way to extort candy from adults, and I always have trouble deciding on what to wear, because everything either seems boring or stupid.

Nor do I enjoy the beginning of fall.  I always preferred summer and the beginning of fall signifies the start of school and the long, dark trudge through winter.  I do enjoy the holiday season, but this is generally the time between Thanksgiving and New Years.  Halloween hardly counts as part of the holiday season because it’s too early.

One part of Halloween that I continue to enjoy is pumpkin carving.  It’s a small thing to enjoy, but it’s a fun tradition that allows me a small amount of creative outlet when I so often forgo creative expression. 

Anyway, have a great Halloween and hope you indulge in whatever holiday tradition you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. agree with the costume part. do you like winter at all? 'cuz i looooooove winter (maybe because there is possibility of SNOW) and then summer too. spring's a bit boring but tres beautiful.

    ReplyDelete